Boarding Sugar Bay...

Diary Entries done by Users who are playing Animal Crossing and wish to share their experiences.
sabrina
Villager
Switch: 1245-1147-2625
Pocket Camp: 89591232097

Boarding Sugar Bay...

Post by sabrina » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Boarding Sugar Bay...

Back in the day, I used to have a diary for my Wild World town ‘Sugarbay’. I remember this diary being a lot of fun to write and it ended up with a decent number of views. Using the way back machine, it was at least 10,000 which is a lot for someone like me. Therefore, I have decided to document my experiences within New Horizons. It is extremely unlikely that I will post every day but I will try post whenever something noteworthy happens.

So, to start off, I better tell you about the island of Sugar Bay... which used to be stranded and overridden with weeds.

My character first joined a small team of islanders. In fact, there were only two others: Buck and Tammy. I wasn’t keen of either character at first, especially Tammy who seemed to be nice but also snobbish at the same time. However, I bonded with Buck over fitness and he gave me medicine for my wasp sting on one of my early days. He also decided to put up his tent near mine, which I even approved of and helped him. So naturally, I was always going to bond with Buck in the end. First impressions are important but they don’t always determine how friendships will turn out.

My first few days were quiet. I’d heard that other islands had started days before mine on the 20th so of course my progress felt bleak at first. I didn’t have a Tardis to time travel like other people, nonetheless I enjoyed my journey to build up my island. I spent my first day fishing for hours.

On the mystery islands, I saw a blue goat... the famous Zucker (who I should have invited) and a small hamster called Clay twice. Much like me, they were finding a place to settle. However, I did not invite these characters. I found a little white hamster and Patty. Patty was one of my favourites from City Folk so I was chuffed.

So... I currently have Buck, Tammy, Patty, Flurry and Marcel on my island. I have to admit that I am not a fan of Marcel and Tammy. It is also likely that Flurry will also not remain on my island. Nonetheless, I am expecting new characters after my campsite had been built for tomorrow. I plan on making all of these houses on the cliff and to install steps or an incline once I’ve finished my second bridge.

Although I’ve been playing a week, I haven’t documented the whole process closely. Therefore, here is a list of important information and my highlights:

• I went to tarantula island today (for the first time) and made over 300,000 bells!
• I bred a black tulip
• I have bred two other blue flowers
• I set my town tune to the Zelda song ‘Song of Storms’
• I set my town flag to a retro sprite of Link
• Mabel has visited my plaza once
• Patty used and cooked a kebab on the barbecue (I have photographic evidence for this)
• I have caught at least five coelacanths and two are placed either side of my museum entrance
• I caught two Blue Marlins, both near my pier in the rain
• I have started to arrange my trees into orchards, although I am not certain if my layout
• I have expanded my house to have two additional rooms

Goals I am working towards:

• Earning bells so that I am able to build my bridges, upgrade my house and add an incline
• Breed more flowers, especially the blue and pink ones
• Try to find some more appealing villagers
• Prepare my town so that K.K Slider will visit
• Move my Nook’s Cranny into a better position
• Create more designs, such as fruit labels for orchards
• Work on the inner design of my house. My main room is simple wood blue, my back use Japanese looking and my left side is random. I am tempted to turn that into a bamboo room for now as I have a decent number of recipes

Additional information: my native fruit are oranges 🍊 and my native flowers are windflowers. My airport is yellow and my grass are triangles. I have a small island in the middle of my rivers.

That’s it for my first entry. It’s hard to touch base on so much gameplay that’s happened in a small amount of time. Hopefully, I will post updates when I feel necessary. If I am able to too, I will try include screenshots of cool things.

Thank you for reading. See you soon. <3
|Animal Crossing Diary | Trade Report |
Image Image
Formerly known as Shiny Star

sabrina
Villager

Re: Boarding Sugar Bay...

Post by sabrina » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:26 am

Happy April.

It’s Bunny Day... for 12 days. I can’t say that I’m keen on the excessive amount of eggs that I find everywhere so I’ll probably neglect fishing for the next two weeks. My mum has a character in my town now and she went on before me. She said that eggs were falling from trees and I was completely confused at first until I remembered.

Anyway, so my campsite is up now. Raymond was the first character in it. I instantly fell in love with his design and demeanour. I hadn’t heard or seen of him before as he is next to this game. A quick search on the internet revealed to me that he is popular amongst people and is the only smug cat. I’m delighted to have him, especially since I love cats and his eyes are two different colours. It’s a nice surprise after receiving Marcel... I shoved his house on the cliff (kind of near Patty and Flurry) and put an additional one in line next to him.

After that, I went to like five mystery islands in attempts to find someone else to invite. I saw plenty of chickens, Rory, a goat, a lemur/monkey and Ellie the Elephant but none of the characters stuck out to me. I’m hoping that if a random assigns themselves to that spare house after Raymond moves in that it is someone decent. I’m not sure if it will be sold when I wake up or I’ll have a chance to find someone. Or, maybe I’ll get someone nice in the campsite? Either way, I hope I find some nice characters. I’m basically waiting Nook Miles at this point, especially since I don’t want to fish out eggs all the time.

Decorating my town is slowly coming together. I got some cool fair ground items, such as the Cotten candy and teacups so I plan on doing something with that. I also found a Jukebox, which is a nice bright neon colour (especially when it is dark). I think that once K. K comes, I will landscape a lot more. I’m also hoping that Mable comes back because I’ve only seen her once and want the clothes shop.

So yeah, my current goals are to try get the monthly insects/fish. I’ve caught a few so far. The snapping turtle in particular looks great places outside. I need to work on catching more of those atlas butterflies or whatever they’re called. I also hope to see Mable and find some good villagers.
Image Image

sabrina
Villager

Post by sabrina » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 pm

Hello again, reader. I know it's only been four days but I thought I'd check in again, especially since K.K. Slider has visited my island.

Current villagers:

* Buck
* Tammy
* Patty
* Flurry
* Marcel (always ew)
* Raymond
* Erik
* Stinky

As you can see by the list above, I currently have two cats, two jocks and two lazy villagers. My plan is to keep both cats for now. It is funny talking to both Buck and Stinky because they both talk constantly about fitness and their muscles. As Buck is a horse, it is fair enough and believable but Stinky is a small cat with a wrestling mask on. The contrast is definitely hilarious. Marcel is lazy but he still hasn't indicated that he wants to leave yet. He had a flea today too. Patty wanted to move but we stopped her.

On the 4th April, it was Buck's birthday. I went to his party and gave him a pull up bar which he seemed delighted about as a jock. Raymond also attended. My mum went later and I think Tammy or Erik was in there. Overall, it seemed like his birthday was a success. It was very wholesome to say the least.

Kicks visited my town too after the Able Sisters' opened. I wonder if the Able Sisters' will expand at some point or if Kicks will end up getting his own shop. Where's Gracie too??? It would be pretty cool to have a collection of shops like that, although I may have to tweak my layout a bit if that happens. I haven't really played around with terraform yet (other than changing two cliffs slightly). I'm not sure on how I want everything to look yet so I haven't done or invested into any major changes. Perhaps it will be easier once I get more items or whatever.

So for now, I'm currently juggling uni work and Animal Crossing. I plan on making my 9th villager house in a few days. I definitely need to also start saving money again as I'm dry after my attic expansion. I didn't buy turnips this week because I overslept again!

I hope everyone stays safe during this time. Until next time. <3
Image Image

sabrina
Villager

Post by sabrina » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:04 pm

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread so we're due an update. A lot has happened.

Current villagers:

* Buck
* Tammy
* Patty
* Flurry
* Marcel
* Raymond
* Erik
* Stinky
* Lionel
* Annalise

So, I'm all filled out with villagers now. I also ordered amibos and they have arrived. Notable mentions are Biscuit, Tom and Merry. I'm yet to use them myself though. I like the look of Merry but I already have two cats so I am hesitant. Plus, I have Puddles coming in the post. It was fun opening the packs but they are sold out now on the Nintendo website. A lot of websites, such as eBay, are selling them for a lot more for profit elsewhere... over x3 the original price.

I've been slowly working on designing my town. I recently finished off paying for my attic and redecorated the exterior of my house. When I next go on, I need to remember to ask Nook to build my basement even though I totally don't have enough bells to pay that off anytime soon. Anyway so one portion of my island has a path. I am moving Buck's house backwards slightly to give him a garden. He'll be next to the museum but that's fine for now as it also clears up the path.

I still am not sure about parts of my layout. I definitely want to move the houses around a bit and maybe change the rivers up slightly. However, this tack is proving to be challenging. I have a mini island in the middle that isn't symmetrical so I've left it for now. I want to have cool stuff or crafts or both. The middle is likely to be Stone Henge with some stone tables for supplies. I might take the trees out at some point and fill it with flowers... or move the museum there and play with the cliff feature? The possibilities are pretty endless but I can always change it up. (I really need to attach screenshots still)

Other comments:

- I'm loving the customisation of the Able Sisters' clothes, definitely picked up some amazing clothes
- Label came for the first time yesterday and told me to dress 'comfy'. She rewarded me with a Labelle hat. I wonder if she or Gracie will end up staying with a shop. Same goes for Kicks, like would he let us make custom shoes?
- I haven't worked out what to do or how to access the fabrics that Sabel gives
- Flick came for the first time today
- Some more of my irl friends have bought the game so I'm looking forward to playing with them
Image Image