Previous town names

For discussion about Animal Crossing, New Leaf, City Folk and Wild World
sabrina
Villager
Switch: 1245-1147-2625
Pocket Camp: 89591232097

Previous town names

Post by sabrina » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:55 am

Do you remember what you called your previous towns? If so, what were they? What inspired you?

My first one was called Moppings. I can’t remember the meaning behind it. After that, I called all of my towns ‘Sugarbay’. The story behind that was my massive sweet tooth. I really loved the name though and even decided to decorate my towns to reflect it. It would be so fitting for a New Horizons island because of the holiday resort vibes.
|Animal Crossing Diary | Trade Report |
Image Image
Formerly known as Shiny Star

kantoskies
Villager
Switch: SW-1567-6231-5810

Re: Previous town names

Post by kantoskies » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:25 am

I named each town, regardless of how many times I remade them, 'Cooltown' in the first three games. This was mainly because when my sister and I first played back in 2002, she picked that name as a joke and it stuck with me since. However, I wanted to spice things up in New Leaf so I went with New Bark. I had gotten back into Pokemon somewhat recently before that and HGSS are by far my favorite games, plus New Bark town always has a certain vibe to it that I felt worked really nicely for an Animal Crossing village.

In New Horizons I'm going with Goldenrod, another Johto town that can actually fit in the character limit this time!
なんだかんだと聞かれたら... 答えてあげるのが世の情け! | Formerly LD1808 :)
.........................................SW-1567-6231-5810

Robbo
Junior Villager

Post by Robbo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:46 am

AC:GC - played on my friend's console. His town was named "New Home"
AC:WW - Originally was "Robstown" really creative I know. But there is an actual Robstown somewhere in Texas.
Reset WW at some point and founded "Town 40." I always liked the number 40, and must have not been feeling creative at the time.
Never played City Folk
AC:NL - "Raftel" as in the legendary island where the One Piece is rumored to be hidden!
I'm ready to move on to the Island of Volta soon!

Rukkukie
Villager

Post by Rukkukie » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:11 am

My previous town names were very reflective of me at the time...
Animal
Cheese
(City Folk has disappeared from memory and I can’t find the disc to check)
Noctua

I like to pick a new name each time, though that probably just started with me outgrowing the old name rather than moving on in other ways. I briefly considered going with Noctua again but I don’t feel it fits the island setting as well!

Android
Junior Villager
Switch: SW-7200-7594-5718

Post by Android » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:56 pm

AC:WW: I went with Smashvil, as I only first heard of Animal Crossing through the Smash Bros dojo. I always hated how it looked, the 8 letter minimum was very constricting!
AC:CF: Patoville, based on my real-life nickname. I can't remember if I added the e at the end or if the 8 letter thing was still in play.
AC:NL: My town was Home. I just thought it would sound artsy or something.

I have no idea what I'm naming my town in NH. I can't come up with anything clever!

Merit
Newcomer

Post by Merit » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:26 am

AC:GC: My first town was Whatzup, because I was very into lolrandom humor and that's the kind of thing you name your town if you're an 11-year-old who likes lolrandom humor, I guess. My second was Tails because my brother and I flipped a coin to decide the name.
AC:WW: Heythere, as a take on Whatzup.
AC:CF: Sparta, because it was just around the time that meme was funny.
AC:NL: Palette, as a tribute to both Pokémon (Pallet Town) and Digimon (the Palette Town complex in Odaiba). Also, it's just a pretty name.

I'm like 90% set on my NH island name, so Lavender, here I come~
I'm an oldbie. Hi.

Calypso
Newcomer

Post by Calypso » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:18 pm

GCN: Key West. First time I ever played an AC game was in a McDonalds (remember those kiosks?) and could only figure out how to hit the key symbol, so speaking to Rover my town was 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑. Went off of that when I finally got it myself.
WW: Note Bay
City Folk: Pallet
New Leaf: Avalon. I'd wanted Calypso in the months leading up to release but made a last minute change