Are you still playing Pocket Camp?

For discussion of Animal Crossing Pocket Camp
star
Bored Director

Re: Are you still playing Pocket Camp?

Post by star » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:38 am

Hmm very interesting that y'all reckon it will become obsolete after the release. In one of the directs they mentioned linking them up and possible special items I think, which is what made me wonder if I should give it a go again. I guess time will tell :!:

Legend
Junior Villager
Switch: SW-1993-3416-4016

Post by Legend » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:58 am

Rukkukie wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:44 pm
Legend wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:03 pm
For nitpicking, the sun is stuck in the sky 24/7, and there doesn't seem to be a concept of the seasons as far as I can tell. No gradual reddening of the leaves like I remember during autumn, no.... weather at all to speak of really.
I think you might've downloaded the wrong game, it's night in my PC and the snow has just melted 🤔
Has it? Maybe i was playing Canimal Arossing... one of those fake Chinese phone scam games. lol In my defense, it's been a little while, or maybe I just played it at the exact same time every day... still not a fan at all. Bright side, 17 days left!!

goggy
Fan-Eating Nacho Guy

Post by goggy » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:10 pm

Legend wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:03 pm
I have a real thorn in my side when it comes to the mobile gaming scene. Loot boxes, companies creating problems to sell the solutions such as wait time, legacy content, and waaay too much FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) with furniture sets and timed events, something that should not exist in an Animal Crossing game.
This is why I stopped playing. I played it for a while, but the currency exchange is (was?) ridiculous and the FOMO sucked out most of the enjoyment for me after a while. It was fun while it lasted though.
don't actually pm me for your name here

kantoskies
Villager
Switch: SW-1567-6231-5810

Post by kantoskies » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:35 am

I played it pretty regularly for about a month or so but stopped. The microtransactions got way too out of hand and, like others have said, the FOMO really stuck me. Plus they had introduced so many new features in my downtime it would be crazy overwhelming to try and get back into it. By this point with New Horizons right around the corner I don't see any point in getting back into it. I didn't even re-download it when I got my new phone last spring!
なんだかんだと聞かれたら... 答えてあげるのが世の情け! | Formerly LD1808 :)
.........................................SW-1567-6231-5810

chris
Villager
Switch: 848982973195

Post by chris » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:40 pm

I think I played hardcore for about 6-7 months, dropped it, came back around the 1 year anniversary and stayed for a month or two then dropped it again. It gave me a nice taste of AC, but it didn't give me the ooo ahh ahh sensation that the previous games did. It felt too structured and definitely killed the "play when you can" vibe with the timed events. I was literally setting timers to go chill in the break room for 5 minutes to catch those dang bugs. Their smug lil animations still haunt me.

sabrina
Villager
Switch: 1245-1147-2625
Pocket Camp: 89591232097

Post by sabrina » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:14 am

I hadn’t played this game until a few days ago. A friend convinced me. It definitely reminds me of those games I used to play on Facebook. I’m sure that it will be fine to play occasionally.
|Animal Crossing Diary | Trade Report |
Image Image
Formerly known as Shiny Star

TakaEdakumi
Newcomer
Switch: SW-3622-7349-4896
3DS: 3411-4931-5559
Pocket Camp: 85231167136

Post by TakaEdakumi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:55 pm

I loved Pocket Camp in the absence of a Switch game. It had more clothing options than I'd ever seen yet in an Animal Crossing game, and some absolutely gorgeous furniture, especially from the fortune cookies. The fact that you could adjust your skin color, gender, hair and eyes at any time was like a dream come true for me.

However, as with most mobile games, it began to slip down a slippery slope greased with desperate attempts to loosen your virtual wallet and rob you blind with chances to get pretty pixels that are borderline gambling and easy ways out of monotonous daily tasks. Not to mention the utter bombardment of multi-layered events meant to trap you inside the confines of a virtual prison, however nicely decorated, which was clearly designed to keep you from missing even a few days of play.

In short, I was scared away from the game and its money-grubbing clutches, and I stick to the real deal now that it's come out. Now I'm just waiting for the cash-grab DLC to come out for New Horizons (because we all know it's coming).
(Previously Takatheeducatedkid)